viernes, 9 de julio de 2010

Comentarios a cargo de Jason Garcia



Ya os presentamos a Jason. Suyas son las dos fotos que ofrecemos (bolo en el Jackie Robinson YMCA, 1987; la fecha exacta probablemente sea el 19 de septiembre) y suyo es el siguiente texto, redactado para nosotros en diciembre de 2004:

It was late in 1987 as I attended a show at The Jackie Robinson YMCA in southeast San Diego. Positive Action Mod Society was the promoter. This is the first time I saw The Event play.

They were the first band on the bill and I was there early. The boys in The Event looked very "power pop" and dressed in vests, ascots and polka dot shirts. Apparently this was one of their first shows. They played well, even though I don't remember what songs they performed.

As the years passed, I saw The Event grow into an even greater musical act, looking more "pop art" than "power pop". This I liked. Their set was tight and spot-on. With songs like "Window Sill" and "Pop-Think-In" and covers like "I Can Hear The Grass Grow", they dominated the San Diego musical Mod scene. The row they created was new and fantastic and they acquired a massive following. An Event show was frantic and packed.

I remember attending parties in their company. We were all friends and had many things to say. I enjoyed their conversations. I miss those times and I miss the occasions in which I heard the music blaring from their amps and drums. There will never be another band that can make music the way they did – charged and spontaneous.

Jason Garcia
Positive Action Mod Society

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario